PUBLICATION NAME – The Cape Cod Times
PUBLICATION ADDRESS – 319 Main St, Hyannis, MA 02601-4038
NAME OF BUSINESS SPONSOR(S) – United Home Experts
(THE “BUSINESS” OR “SPONSOR”)
NAME OF SWEEPSTAKES (THE “SWEEPSTAKES”) – United Home Experts Replace My Roof
START DATE – 12:01 a.m. local time on – Wednesday, August 16 2023 at 12:00 AM
END DATE (TOGETHER WITH THE START DATE, THE “SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD”)
11:59 p.m. local time on – Tuesday, October 17 2023 at 11:59 PM
NUMBER OF WINNERS SELECTED (EACH, THE “WINNER”, AND, COLLECTIVELY, THE “WINNERS”)- 1
PRIZE DETAILS – 1. The Grand Prize is: An Owens Corning – TruDefinition® DURATION® SHINGLES Roof. Up to 20 Squares or 2000 square feet including installation. Pitch or the steepness of the roof quantified as a ratio or as number of angular degrees that one ‘exposure’ surface deviates from horizontal level cannot be less than 3/12 pitch. The roof surface cannot be ‘functionally flat’. Additional carpentry not typical of a standard installation including but not limited to rotting, trim damage, plastering, painting or staining of trim is not included
APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF PRIZE – $15,000
The individual entering the Sweepstakes (each, the “Entrant”, and, collectively, the “Entrants”) must each be (a) a legal resident of the Cape Cod, Massachusetts and (b) reside in the state of the Business sponsoring this Sweepstakes (the “State”). The Entrant must be (b) 18 years of age or older (or the legal age of majority in the State) at the date of entry. Employees, contractors and interns of the Business, and each of its respective divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (including immediate family members) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, “immediate family members” is defined as spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other familial extension, and any other persons residing at the same household location, whether or not related.
HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES
Entrants should log onto the website of the Business (or as otherwise instructed in promotional materials of the Business) during the Sweepstakes Period and complete the applicable registration form. Entrants must provide all requested information in the required fields as instructed. Entrants should then click “submit” to be entered in the Sweepstakes (each, the “Entry”, or, collectively, the “Entries”). All Entries must received by the End Date; no Entries will be accepted after this time. Entries will not be accepted through e-mail, via facsimile, postal mail, express delivery service or by hand-delivery at the Business, unless otherwise specified. One (1) Entry per Entrant once per day will be accepted in this Sweepstakes. In order to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize, the Entrant must comply fully with these Official Rules, and by entering agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Business whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects.
Use of E-mail Addresses
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to opt-in to receive e-mail communications from the Business. If an Entrant chooses to opt out of such future communications from the Business, he or she will be able to do so by following the instructions on any electronic communications sent by the Business. Upon opting-out, the Business will no longer send e-mail messages to the Entrant. An Entrant’s choice to opt out will not affect eligibility in the Sweepstakes.
RANDOM DRAWING; NOTIFICATION OF WINNER(S)
A random drawing will be held within (14) business days after the End Date (the “Drawing”). The potential Winner(s) will be notified by phone or e-mail within three (3) business days after the Drawing, in accordance with the contact information provided on the Entry Form. Any potential Winner who cannot be reached or contacted within three (3) business days may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing. The potential prize winner must meet all eligibility requirements and fully comply with these Official Rules and may be disqualified if they do not.
ODDS OF WINNING
Odds of winning depend on the number of Entrants participating in the Sweepstakes.
The potential prize winner must sign and return to the Business an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release in order to be eligible to accept the prize. No substitution or transfer of the prize will be allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Business. The Business reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No compensation will be given for lost, stolen, mutilated or expired gift cards. The Business is not responsible for replacing lost, stolen, mutilated or expired gift cards. Gift cards are only redeemable at the specified locations. The gift card must be surrendered upon redemption and no photocopies or reproductions will be honored. All gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions regarding use, loss, theft, and redemption and all other terms and conditions established by the Business.
All local, state and federal taxes incurred by accepting a prize will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
1. By entering, the Entrant agrees to comply with these Rules and the decisions of the Business, which are binding and final, and release the Business and each of its divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone associated with the production of this Sweepstakes, and its respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any claims, injuries, losses or damages (including attorneys fees) of any kind arising out of their participation in this Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
2. The potential prize winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prizes and waive any liability or claims (including attorneys’ fees) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prizes.
3. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification is returned to the Business as undeliverable, if prizes are refused or cannot be accepted for any reason, the prizes will be forfeited and another prize winner will be selected in a random drawing according to these Official Rules. Upon forfeiture or refusal, no compensation will be given.
4. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Business to use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness and/or statements attributed to winner regarding the Sweepstakes, for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation or consent.
5. All Entries become the property of the Business.
6. This Sweepstakes shall only be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the State, without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws and submission of any entry constitutes acceptance of such laws. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
7. The Business reserves the right to use any and all information related to the Sweepstakes, including information on Entrants obtained through the Sweepstakes, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
8. The Business reserves the right to change the rules of the Sweepstakes at any time.
9. Any and all decisions of the Business related to this Sweepstakes are final.
NAME OF WINNER
To obtain the name of the Winner(s), please contact the Business.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, the Entrant acknowledges that this Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or associated with Gannett or its respective divisions, affiliates, parent companies or subsidiaries, (collectively, “GANNETT”), and that GANNETT makes no representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy or completeness of the contents of these Official Rules. By participating in this Sweepstakes, the Entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless GANNETT from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes and/or related to any prize awarded. Entrant acknowledges that GANNETT is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within these Official Rules, including (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, or unintelligible entries; (ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by Entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, (iv) any violation of law by the Business sponsoring this Sweepstakes or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Entrant acknowledges and understands that the Business, not GANNETT, is responsible for fulfillment of the Prize. Entrant acknowledges and understands that the information he or she is providing in connection with entering the Sweepstakes is being provided to the Business and not to GANNETT. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to the Business, and not to GANNETT.